Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rock Pit...Today was an overcast mid 80's day so I started the project that I meant to start last month. THE ROCK PIT! What??!?! You may ask. Underneath the kid's playfort in the back yard is a big week farm. I determined at the beginning of the summer to turn it into something they could use and enjoy. I was not hip on sand after living at the beach. I did not want more sand in the house. Well, I say in a magazine or somewhere the use of small pebbles instead of sand. Eureka! They could play with all their sand toys but not have the sand mess. A momma's dream! So, today I completed the weeding, laid down the weed barrier, put down 1 layer of river rock, and 1 layer of pebbles. It is a sight to behold. I would like to put 2-3 more bags of pebble in just so they have lots of room for digging. However, they got started today and spent a good hour just hanging out in the shade of the play fort digging/moving rocks around with sand toys, dump trucks, whatever. And of course, the piece de resistance (sorry, no inflection on my keyboard) was when they could just hose each others legs off at the end and it turned into a water gun fight! Go summer! Isn't that what it is all about?!?

No comments: