Tuesday, June 30, 2009
20th High School Reunion...The kids and I made it back to OKC for my 20th high school reunion this last weekend. How is that possible?!?! I still feel like I am fresh out of college. Of course, according to all the older people in my world, their minds stay in their 20's and 30's so they are just shocked to look in the mirror. I am beginning to understand what they are staying. We had a great weekend! Unfortunately, John had to work but he did get a wonderful opportunity to go out and visit the vineyard of his flight surgeon before he headed out to work. He has been invited several times so I am glad he finally got to go tour the vineyard. Cool. Anyway, back to the reunion...(see...I even digress in writing...ha) Got to OKC Friday afternoon and got to stay with my sister, Rebecca, and family again. The wonderful treat was that her mother, Darian, (my Godmother) was in town visiting. I had not had the opportunity to see her in many years. So, we got to catch up a little. Friday night was the casual/social night of the reunion as Cafe Nova in OKC. It was hot as woo-ie but got to catch up with many old friends especially Kendra and Kara. Nice. 20 years is definitely better than 10 years because we aren't busy trying to impress each other any more. Of course, I was reminded several times during the reunion of my spiked "Pat Benatar" hair. Apparently it was a hit and all I was trying to be was different. Guess I succeeded since that is what people remember. I also managed to squeeze in a visit with my sister, Teresa, and brother, Doug, which I loved. I took the kids out to my friend Tracy's farm in Piedmont. They are renovating a 1950's farmhouse but I promise it is the most idyllic spot I have seen in a long time complete with beautiful trees, a fishing pond, pumpkin patch, garden, porches all around the house, a horse, a donkey, 2 sheep, and a dog. Really great! Her son, Cole, took Jacob and Julia out fishing at the pond. Before we knew it, Julia came running up the hill with a fish in hand screaming, "I caught a fish! I caught a fish!" Imagine her pleasure at catching her first fish about the size of a grown up's hand. After a quick celebration, the fish was taken out of the house and back to the pond. What a day! And for that matter...what a weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment