Sunday, June 14, 2009
Ashley's Funeral...My brother's fiancee, Ashley, was buried yesterday. It was a very sad day but also touched with laughter, retelling of old memories, and wonderment at all the people's lives she touched. So many people will keep a small part of her life close to them either in a memory or tangible item. Even my sweet Julia will have the flower girl dress she would have worn for Doug and Ashley's wedding to remember the wonderful girl who touched so many. I probably won't give it to her today or tomorrow, even, but one day she will have it to look back on to remind her how precious and short life really is. Live each day with no regrets and celebrate everything and everyone you love. Because I know I was reminded through all the pictures of her during the slide show, especially the ones of Doug proposing to her in the woods in Colorado, and as I watched the very last white balloon float off into the sky at the end of her funeral. Goodbye Ashley.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment