Friday, June 22, 2007



Our First Grader...Well, the big day has arrived. Jacob graduated from kindergarten today and is now an "official" first grader. WOW! I did fine until I went to pick up Jacob from school and saw all the fifth graders blowing horns and celebrating that they were graduating to middle school. I got a lump in my throat and held back tears because I know someday that will be Jacob and Julia. Oh my. Then, when the kindergarteners walked out, one of the boys in his class that is always very stoic and doesn't show much emotion was crying like crazy. Jacob was fine...but I LOST it! Luckily I had sunglasses on but I had tears streaming down my face. But you couldn't wipe the smile off Jacob's face. He was so happy he had finished kindergarten, it was summer, and he was proud. Good for him! He smiled ALL the way home. And if it wasn't a full blown smile, it was a smug, satisfied smile. He was so proud of his accomplishment. I will never forget it. And to cap it all off, we celebrated by he and his daddy going to get him a new bike since he had WAY outgrown his old bike. I am so proud but also sad that my sweet boy is growing up.

Jacob is WAY proud of his new bike (see picture) and WAY cool dude! Ha!

No comments: