Thursday, June 21, 2007

Lining Up Playdates...ha!...For the first time in my life I am lining up playdates for Jacob. But Jacob has several very sweet kids in his class that we have gotten to know. Especially since we don't know who will be together in first grade, I definitely would like to maintain the friendships he has with several really great kids in his class. One family from Ireland who live across the street from the school is one of Jacob's favorite friends, Cory. They usually play together on the playground after school and he is a really sweet kid. I don't have to worry about what conversations they are having. And he has 2 younger brothers that are just as sweet. What is so funny is that we played with them in the park with their grandmother last summer before we ever knew that Jacob would go to school with Cory. At the time, both boys had long curly hair and looked like the kids of beach bums. But they have turned out to be the sweetest boys and very loving. Just goes to show the old adage about looks being deceiving. But what was so funny is that in the beginning of the school year (maybe the 2nd or 3rd day), his mom came up to me after school to tell me she was glad Cory was hanging out with the sweet blond kid from Oklahoma and not some of the brats he'd gone to school with before. At the time, I was flattered but didn't really know what all that meant. But pretty quickly, you figure out which kids you want your kids to play with (even if your kids don't always listen...ha).

I have heard wonderful things about all of the first grade teachers here but we won't find out which teacher he has until August. I think once we find out, Jacob will be reassured because I can find out which of his friends have this teacher, too.

Julia is still sick but seemed to perk up a little the first half of today. I think once she can get a couple of days of antibiotics under her belt, she will be back to her spunky self. Right now, she is pretty darn pitiful!~!

No comments: