Monday, February 05, 2007

Party Hoppers...We made the rounds yesterday at Superbowl parties. We were invited to a party at one of Jacob's classmates, Michael. His mother, Karen, and I do a lot of class stuff together plus since they are also walkers after school, then we see them everyday. So, that was fun and the kids got to play. We left there at half time and came home. Then John and I took turns stopping by our next door neighbors, John and Brona. They were all excited because they had borrowed a professional fryer from one of the chefs at Sutton Place and were frying up a storm on the front porch. I had to laugh...welcome to the south! Although this was a much fancier fryer than I had ever seen. The other fun thing is that usually John and Brona's parties are all people with no kids and lots of freedom. However, since John's sisters have both had babies it was an entirely different atmosphere. When I stopped by, there were to babies with all of their supplies and 2 pregnant women. I told Brona it was like coming to my house...ha! Her husband did the Polar Bear swim yesterday morning. It is a big annual fundraiser were CRAZY people swim in the freezing cold ocean to raise money. It was the coldest day we've had so far this winter. Even he had to admit it was dog-gone cold. As of last week, he was trying to tell me the water wasn't that cold, it was just the air that was cold. I don't care. You aren't catching me in that water.

Our neighbor, Brona, is now babysitting for a one yr old boy and 3 yr old girl several days a week. So, Julia and I are headed over there today for a playdate. So, that'll be fun for the grownups and kids.

No comments: