Friday, June 30, 2006

A Babysitter!!!...Katie, the potential babysitter, otherwise known by Jacob as "The Teenager" came by today to each lunch with us and play/get to know the kids. She was a really nice girl who will be a senior in the fall. She was great with the kids and real receptive to what I had to say and what we needed. The kids were very comfortable with her as soon as she got there. We had the initial "show and tell" where the kids pulled out all kinds of toys and tricks and then they calmed down and just wanted to talk and play with her. The other nice thing is she speaks 2 languages. She has taken spanish since kindergarten. Yea! Once the kids get comfortable with her, I'd love to have her speak some spanish with them. Hopefully sometime next week John and I can go out one evening and she'll watch the kids.

1 comment:

Busy Cowboys said...

How wonderful! It sounds like you have a found a great babysiter for the kids! I am so excited for you!