Saturday, February 28, 2009

Big News...Well, the big news of the week is we just found out for sure yesterday that the school where Julia will go to kindergarten next year (Jacob's school) is going to have full day kindergarten instead of half day! This is wonderful news because it will open up what kind of work I can pick up without worrying about extensive aftercare programs for her. I am really trying to find a job in the kid's school district so that my schedule lines up with their schedule. Enrollment starts in a few weeks.

Also, the kids will be starting soccer next week so they both got to go to Meet the Coach night to meet their coaches. Julia will be on the Cheetahs and Jacob is a Dragon. They are very excited. This is part of the Upward Soccer Program at one of the local churches.

I substitute taught 2x this week which was nice (once in a English/Spanish class and once in the Art class at Jacob's School). The Art class job was fun but very busy since you have a new class every 30-45 minutes and different projects each time. But since it was at Jacob's school, I also got to have lunch with Jacob since our schedules matched but I was also there at the end of the day so he just walked down to my classroom and we left together. It was great!

The kids and I are going to a playdate this afternoon at my friend Pam's house down the street. It'll be fun to catch up since we really didn't get a chance to visit much at her daughter's birthday party last weekend.

No comments: