Monday, January 19, 2009

Leaving for Arkansas...I fly out tomorrow for my Grandpa's viewing and funeral. I just don't have the words. Maybe it is a left brain/right brain thing. Maybe it is a head vs. heart thing. My head is very logical and understands that his death was expected and can rejoice in all the times we had. My heart hurts and can't stop crying. Every song on the radio suddenly seems sad. Every new weather element seems a personal message to me. The thought that I can never call him on the phone again is simply mind numbing. I am so grateful to have had all my grandparents so late in my life but as each one passes away, I feel so ill-prepared. How do I put into words all they meant to me and how thankful I am that each of them was a gift to me. It's just not possible. Thank you, God. You planted me in a wonderful family who always made me feel loved. I hope I gave that back and will continue to give it to others in the future. As the old saying goes...We don't always know what we have until it is gone. I love you, Grandpa. I will miss you and remember you forever. Please say hi to Ma Honey and Pa up in heaven and keep an eye on us down here. See you again one day...

No comments: