Action Packed Saturday...Jacob, Julia and I went to our next door neighbor's house for a birthday party. Loren turned 4 yrs old and celebrated with a "Pirate Princess" theme. The kids had a ball digging for buried treasure and other games. It was great to meet some other people that will be in our small group bible study starting in February at their house.
Later Saturday afternoon, Jacob and I started a new tradition..."Whoa-Man" Day! It is a spin off of "Man Day" that he does with his dad but really combines "woman" and "man" day. John thinks it is a silly name but Jacob and I think it is hilarious! John and I will each be having out of the house alone time with each of the kids. Since it was a very chilly day, Jacob and I opted to skip the bike ride we had planned. Instead, we went to Blockbuster and rent a couple of kid movies. Then we went to the half priced book store and picked out some books for him and Julia. And I even found the Abba Gold Greatest Hits CD that I had been wanting! Cool! Dancing Queen and other assorted favorites are now blaring through the kitchen as I cook dinner. Yippee! Happy fun music! Next, Jacob and I went out to Tang's Asian Bistro together for dinner. We had a great meal and even brought home leftovers for Dad and Julia. We were happily greeted at the door...yum! We ended the "Whoa-Man" day after Julia had gone to bed by watching Jacob's Speed Racer movie and eating rootbeer floats. Doesn't get much better than that, huh?!?! Not sure we'll jam all that activity into our mom/son dates each time we go but we definitely wanted to start it off with a bang! The "Whoa-Man" Day had been Jacob's idea about a week or 2 ago. It made me feel really good that he wanted to have one-on-one time alone with me as well as time alone with his dad. I know that Dad does super-cool stuff with him and they have that Father/Son bond where they are so close. I love it that he wants that with me, too. As John's Dad always says...We're makin' memories!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment