


Eldon G. Tinsley (October 31, 1927-January 15, 2009)...Last night, my grandpa, Eldon Tinsley, passed away. He was 81 years old. He was well loved. He lived his whole life doing everything 110%...happy, mad, sad, glad. Before retiring from the OKC Fire Department many years ago, he had made it to the rank of OKC Fire Chief. He was also a farmer and had some of the most beautiful land in Arkansas I have ever seen. I have a lifetime of memories going through my head. He told great stories and we spent many a night around the dinner table listening to the tales of his life. As a baby, he would come get me in snowstorms and feed me milkshakes. He tried to convince me more than once that I was eating chicken instead of liver (not true) so I would eat it. He took us on trailrides and swimming in the creek. We slid on trash can lids down the hill in ice storms. We sat and rocked on the old porch swing. He had the loudest booming voice and sounded a lot like John Wayne to me. My son has his same startling blue eyes. He made Jacob a beautiful cedar toy box on wheels for Jacob's 1st birthday. He was a good man with a good heart and to me, he was a wonderful grandpa. He was always there to lend an ear and would do anything in the world for me if he could. I love him so much and will always miss him. I'm glad he is now at peace.



No comments:
Post a Comment