Friday, October 12, 2007

Tornado Warning...Well, who woulda thunk it? But yesterday afternoon, Long Beach, NY was under a tornado warning. John and I didn't know anything about it but about 4pm several of our neighbors started calling to tell us/warn us/or ask advice. When it comes to a tornado, who better to call than the Okies living in NY? Ha! It turned out that a tornado did dip down out of the clouds over the ocean just south of Long Beach but that was it. I think the warning expired about a 1/2 hour after we heard about it. But I can tell you the news channels were very different than it would have been in OK. Other than occasional weather blurb during a commercial or a info band going across the bottom of the screen from time to time, that was all you heard about it. Where is Gary England when you need him?!?! Ha! Of course, one of our neighbors called in a panic saying the mayor had been on channel 7 and the tornado was heading right for us! I'm sure the mayor is the authority...ha! What a funny little afternoon!

No comments: