Sunday, September 30, 2007

Brona's Baby Shower....Yesterday, the kids and I went to Brona's baby shower in Merrick. It was her shower for family and close friends. It was very fun with lots of kids for Jacob and Julia to play with. Nancy, John's sister, had even borrowed one of those bouncy things from a friend so the kids all had a blast (not to mention wear themselves out) jumping on it. I was surprised to learn those jumpy things only cost $180. If you had regular get-togethers with lots of kids, it would totally be worth it. It kept all the kids occupied for hours. I was astonished to realize that this was the first yard I had been in in a really long time. I think it is the first time since the last time I was at Bill and Carolyn's. It was a great feeling! I could stand in one place and let the kids run around me instead of the opposite...ha! It was a really nice size yard with huge trees and a deck. And since the temperature was only 74 degrees, you couldn't ask for a better day to be outside. And Brona and John looked so happy and excited to finally be getting all their big baby items as Baby Max will be here in just a couple weeks. The fun is getting ready to begin!

Side note: Miss Julia played her little heart out and didn't eat much lunch. As we were leaving, she downed a bottle of water and a Capri-Sun...and then promptly threw up all over herself in the car on the way home. Lovely... But she did inform me she felt fine after she threw up and acted fine the whole rest of the day. I will choose to use this as a learning experience....

No comments: