Thursday, July 05, 2007






Happy 4th of July!...Hope everyone had a good fourth of July. Julia and I had a a lowkey day but did go over to John and Brona's for a cookout. But the strangest event of the key was looking out the window and seeing a friend of mine from college sitting on John and Brona's front porch. She and I both went to OSU, were in the same sorority and even the same pledge class. Can you believe that? What a small world! What are the chances that someone from Oklahoma who I know so well winding up on my neighbors porch in New York?!? WOW! Anyway, we had a nice visit before she had to head to the airport and exchanged information so we can keep in touch.

Our across the street neighbor, Regina, brought Julia a little kit that had a silver crown, purse, ring and bracelets in it so Julia wore those all day. When she had them on she insisted she was Queen Julia and I was Mary. I asked her why she was calling me Mary and she simply explained that that was my name. She has never called me Mary before. I am used to her making up her own pretend name but I am not usually assigned one. Ha! What a funny girl!

No comments: