Sunday, May 28, 2006

Long Beach Historical Society...Mr. Greenberger(but I've got to remember to call him Alan), our neighbor down the block, and I have been talking about the Long Beach Historical Society. He is on the board and it sounds very interesting. I think I will become a member. They have all kinds of interesting things going on and ways to volunteer. This summer is the centennial celebration for Long Beach so there will be all kinds of things to do this summer. The first weekend of June they are having home tours of 5 or 6 historical homes here in Long Beach. Plus, every summer from Memorial Day to Labor Day they have all kinds of live music on the boardwalk 3 nights a week. How fun! It'll be great to walk the kids down after dinner to the beach to list to live music. They have all kinds like rock, jazz, big band, Sinatra, etc. I can't wait!

No comments: