Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Another Amazing Experience...today we lost electricity around 3:45pm. Two neighbors who were outside said huge sparks came out of the transformer on the end of the block. I called the power company and they were aware of the problem and said power should be restored by 7pm. BUT, we had power restored by 4:35pm!!! So, whatever people think (misconceivably) about New Yorkers, they are johnny on the spot! I love it! Maybe that curtness of manner that people sometimes experience when they go into businesses pays off when it comes to BIG matters like electricity! I was already figuring on ordering a pizza for dinner. Of course, I just remembered we have a gas stove so I would have had to claim forgetfulness (not laziness...ha!) about ordering in food instead of cooking. What a country?!? (do any of y'all remember Yakov Smirnov? otherwise you have no idea why I keep saying "what a country!")
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment