Hard to believe it has been 2 years so I wrote in this blog...so much has happened and changed that I don't even know where to begin....
1. Meet Aideen, our sweet rescue boxer, that we adopted in April. She is so sweet and it is SO wonderful to have a boxer as part of the family again.
2. I went back to work full time in January 2010 once Julia was in all day kindergarten. It has been a great job with great people that is only 5 minutes from my house so it is easy to be with the kids when I need to be.
3. After many great years together and wonderful memories, John and I are in the process of divorcing. We still care a lot about each other and are friendly, especially where the kids are concerned. We only want the best for our kids and each other. John has gotten a townhouse 3 minutes from us in the next neighborhood so the kids very easily can go back and forth. They seem to be adjusting better than we could have imagined.
4. Jacob went to middle school last year and is now in 6th grade. He plays baseball and is now in his first year of band. He is such a great kid and we are so proud of him!
5. Julia is in 3rd grade this year and still her same, wonderful, zany, outgoing self. She is enjoying playing her 3rd season of soccer and gets better and better all the time. She enjoys school and loves her friends. The first crush of the year is a shy boy who just moved here from England. He is teaching her about crumpets and she thinks he has the best smile...so sweet!
6. The house is getting ready to go on the market again so please keep your figures crossed that it will sell quickly. The kids and I are looking for a smaller house/lot in our same neighborhood. Actually looking forward to not having such a big house to keep up with and clean.
7. Unfortunately, in October of last year, John's dad, Big Daddy to the kids, passed away. So that has been hard on everyone. Hard for the kids to lose someone they loved so much.
8. Along with my tried and true life long (or semi-life-long friends), I have met and become good friends with so many wonderful women in our neighborhood. It is really nice to be somewhere long enough that both me and the kids are building a sense of history.
9. My brother, Doug, moved to TN this summer and opened up his open Medical/Surgical Equipment Company. So proud! And I know he will do great!
10. I promise to do my best even with work and all the kid's activities to get back in the swing of the whole blogging thing. I was inspired by a new friend's recent blog start since she moved here with her family from the UK. So I wound up going through the archives of this blog and loved seeing the progress of the kids throught the years. It was a wonderful journal/photo album. And heaven knows I love typing better than writing and pictures certainly add pizzazz...ha!
So, enjoy a few pictures of the kids from this fall...A trip with John to Red River, NM and their first day of school. Ciao!
Monday, September 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment