Camp Reads-A-Lot...I took the kids to Camp Reads-A-Lot at Jacob's school last night. Part of the school was set up like camping grounds. Julia loved playing in all the tents (which were actually designed to read books in...ha!). They had a scavenger hunt for words, another booth where you see how many words you can come up with from a baggy full of letters, a booth were you make you own trail mix, a word scramble booth, etc. And the main event was a special guest reader, Kristine Kahanek, who is a local tv meteorologist. She has written a children's book with weather terminology. Plus, there were all kinds of door prizes, giveaways, etc. It was a really cool event to get kids excited about reading and thinking about words in different ways!
Side note...We had an impromptu pizza night with our neighbor's down the block, Pam and Travis, and their girls, Sidney and Halle, on Sunday night. The kids played and the adults got some fun socializing. Pam and Travis are fun and it is nice because their girls are Julia's age and 1st grade so they are all kind of interested in the same things as our kids.
Side note, Part II...I had my first day of substitute teaching yesterday. It went really well but boy was I pooped! I will be doing it again today. Keep your fingers crossed for me...ha!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment