Monday, August 11, 2008

Fellowship of the Parks...We visited a new church yesterday morning and really enjoyed it. Our next door neighbors invited us. It is a bible based contemporary christian church. The sermon was part of a series about the family. This portion was about marriage. It was really interesting. But the best thing was that the kids also loved it and had a great time. Even Jacob wanted to stay in the kid's sunday school room instead of sitting with us. Amazing! And it addition to having fun, he could also tell us what they talked about. Wow! We will be going back to visit there again.

After church we went out to a new mexican food restaurant (new to us). It was excellent! And, as it is my personal mission to taste test every mexican restaurant in the vicinity...I oughta know. I LOVE mexican food!

Then, it the afternoon I went and swam laps at the pool. I swam 34 lengths of the pool (25 m each) in about 40 minutes. So I feel like I am coming right along. I am definitely feeling stronger and leaner. I had forgotten how much I enjoy swimming. I try to push myself to swim a few more laps each time.

Finally, John took the kids swimming at the spray park while I fixed dinner. I was not the least bit hungry after my mexican food extravaganza. Ha! We ended the night with the electricity going out for about 1 hr. Luckily I know right where some candles were or it could have been interesting. But, all the neighbors were gathered in the middle of the block and the kids ran wild while we waited for the electricity to come back on. Julia and I stayed inside and played doll and dominoes by candle light.

It was a GREAT day!

No comments: