Saturday, October 07, 2006
Irish Day/Festival...Irish Eyes are DEFINITELY smiling (or at least staggering) in the West End of Long Beach today. It has thrown up Irish in Long Beach. EVERYONE is wearing green and all but a few streets are blocked off in the West End. The vendors are set up on Beech St. and most houses have Irish paraphenalia and a party in full swing in one way/shape/form. Since I work tonight and John just got in this morning from work, we are not in amongst them but I have the windows open and it is extremely entertaining to watch everyone wandering by. I had to scare someone off from my parking space around 1pm today. It is totally the vibe and feeling that is in Stillwater during OSU homecoming. Very fun! I'm sure work will be amusing today with either people trying to avoid Irish Fest or people who have realized it isn't the same when you are 35 yrs old...ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment