Saturday, August 01, 2009

Summer...If I haven't mentioned it lately, this summer has not turned out exactly as I expected. It has been good but just not really as quiet as I thought it would be when the kids got out of school. And now we are 3 weeks and 2 days from the first day of school. Jacob is heading to 3rd grade with all that entails and Miss Julia is going to be our big Kindergarten girl. Look out world! It looks like I will be substitute teaching again this year which I am excited about even though I was hoping one of the fulltime school positions would pan out. Julia's Tinkerbell backpack has been bought and other than new shoes for Jacob, haircuts, and maybe a new pair of jeans, I think we are ready to rock-n-roll.

Week in review...We started out the week with a bang. The Littlefield's came for a short visit on their way to Colorado to visit family. The kids and I went to mom and dad's in Dallas for a day or so to catch up and hang out. Jacob had his last week of swim lessons at our neighborhood pool. We finished up the week by going to a bbq at our friend's, The Sherlocks, last night to celebrate Travis' graduation from the Ft. Worth Police Academy. Way to go, Officer Sherlock! He's a big dude from Nebraska. I wouldn't want to meet up with him on the business end of a gun or baton. We got to watch part of his training video last night and it was quite entertaining to watch part of what they had to go through in training. I know both he and Pam anxious to settle back into a routine and have some real downtime for a change. He has been in training for the last 7 months. Wow! How many of us could go through such labor intensive training for that long? I get tired just holding up the vacuum cleaner when John is cleaning our vent returns...ha!

Have a good week and God bless!

No comments: