Saturday, May 16, 2009




Busy Week...We've had a busy but very productive week around here. I substituted on Tues and Wed which was fun especially since Tuesday was at Jacob's school and I was right next door to him in another 2nd grade class. I also got a chance to try out the Zumba aerobics class at our local YMCA on Wednesday night. It was VERY fun and VERY hard work. The music was awesome!

Thursday brought a plethora of playdates...Julia and I hung out with her friend, Myles, at the local McD's since it was raining. The only downside to that adventure was that Julia took off her socks and when they could not be found, I went on a search myself through the tube tunnels at McD's since I really did not want her sockless. Bad idea! There is a reason parents don't go in there...the tunnels really are too small for adults, the hard plastic hurt my knees, and last but not least...oh my goodness...it stinks like smelly feet in there! Whoa! Forget the lost socks! But low and behold, it looks like another child accidentally (I'm giving the benefit of the doubt here) took Julia's socks and left there older ones in the corner of a bubble play area. Thursday afternoon was another kid extravaganza as we had 2 different sets of neighborhood kids over to play at our house while their parents had other stuff going on. It all went great and the kids were so good but it sure was busy;)

Last night we had the Spring Block Party at Jacob's school. It was very fun! Radio Disney was there, there were 2 bouncy houses, food/snacks, a dunk tank where Jacob tried to dunk the asst principal, and a raffle with really cool prizes. Unfortunately, we didn't win anything but we had a great time.

This morning we were supposed to have the last soccer games of the season but are rained out. All we have now is the Awards later today and then Julia has a birthday party to go to at her friend, Ellie's, house from school. Then, I plan on sitting in one place for at least a couple of hours...ha!

No comments: