Saturday, March 08, 2008

Working Girl...Last night, I got to work at Sutton Place for the first time in several months. It was really fun to get out and just be a regular adult for just a little while. It was fun to see everyone and just hang out and be friendly. John and the kids always have a big time when mom is gone so it is a win/win situation. Unfortunately, we had heavy rain from about 5:30pm until after I left work so it was a bit like navigating a boat to get home. Ha! I was going to hang out after work and catch up with my friend/boss, Deb, but didn't want to chance to high waters. As it was, when I left the water was coming up over the curb. I had to crawl into the car from the passenger side so I wouldn't have to wade through the deep water. Interesting.... And the funny part was that I was there working but there were a whole bunch of people in the bar area last night just having Friday night fun. I would not have gone out in that weather just to go drinking at a bar. It was REALLY yucky out! Go figure...

No comments: